Front of House
Published on: 15th December 2020
Job Status: Part Time
Reports to: Bar Manager
Mix and serve drinks to patrons, directly or through wait staff.
Reasonable Accommodations StatementTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)The following list is not inclusive of additional responsibilities that may be requested by the Bar Manager.
- Collect money for drinks served.
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Balance cash receipts.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to guests’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading guests to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Serve snacks or food items to guests seated at the bar.
- Order or requisition liquors and supplies.
- Ask guests who become loud and obnoxious to leave, or physically remove them.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Plan, organise and control the operations of a cocktail lounge or bar.
- Supervise the work of bar staff and other bartenders.
- Prepare appetizers such as pickles, cheese, and cold meats.
- Check I.D.’s before serving guests.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) – Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Friendly – Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanour toward others.
- Guest Oriented – Ability to take care of the guests’ needs while following company procedures.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Experience: Two to four years related experience.