Front of House
Published on: 15th March 2019
Reports to: Floor Manager
Facilitate food service. Clean tables, carry dirty dishes, set tables; silverware, glassware, and dishes.
Reasonable Accommodations StatementTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)The following list is not inclusive of additional responsibilities that may be requested by the Floor Manager.
- Wipe tables and seats with dampened cloths, and replace dirty tablecloths.
- Set tables with clean linens, condiments, and other supplies.
- Scrape and stack dirty dishes, and carry dishes and other tableware to kitchens for cleaning.
- Clean up spilt food, drink and broken dishes, and remove empty bottles and trash.
- Perform serving, cleaning, and stocking duties in establishments such as cafeterias or dining rooms in order to facilitate guest service.
- Maintain adequate supplies of items such as clean linens, silverware, glassware, dishes, and trays.
- Stock cabinets and serving areas with condiments, and refill condiment containers as necessary.
- Locate items requested by guests.
- Carry food, dishes, trays, and silverware from kitchens and supply departments to serving counters.
- Serve food to guests when waiters and waitresses need assistance.
- Clean and polish counters, shelves, walls, furniture, and equipment in food service areas and other areas of restaurants, and mop and vacuum floors.
- Bus and set tables with speed and efficiency.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Guest Oriented – Ability to take care of the guests’ needs while following company procedures.