Front of House
Published on: 15th March 2019
Responsible for the ongoing day to day operations of the restaurant. Supervises all staff and guides them throughout their shift and on personal development.
ResponsibilitiesThe following list is not inclusive of additional responsibilities that may be requested by the General Manager, or AGM.
- Train workers in food preparation, and in service, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Control inventories of food, equipment, small ware, and liquor, and report shortages to designated personnel.
- Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures in order to ensure quality standards and service.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and work stations to employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Perform personnel actions such as hiring and firing staff, consulting with other managers as necessary.
- Analyze operational problems, such as theft and wastage, and establish procedures to alleviate these problems.
- Specify food portions and courses, production and time sequences, and workstation and equipment arrangements.
- Recommend measures for improving work procedures and worker performance to increase service quality and enhance job safety.
- Greet and seat guests, and present menus and wine lists.
- Forecast staff, equipment, and supply requirements based on a master menu.
- Perform serving duties such as carving meat, preparing flammable dishes, or serving wine and liquor.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Purchase or requisition supplies and equipment needed to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Develop departmental objectives, budgets, policies, procedures, and strategies.
- Ensure unit meets or is below budget on costs.
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and arrange for repairs.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Management Skills – Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) – Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Experience: Two to four years of related experience
- Computer Skills: Word processing and spreadsheets. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Office Setting
- Restaurant Dining Area