Published on: 15th March 2019
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time
Reports to: Service Supervisor, Floor Manager, AGM & GM
The Host/ess contributes to the success of Planet Hollywood by controlling the flow of Guests within the restaurant. The Host/ess responsibility is to create a positive first and last professional image to our Guests and to support all Co-Workers.
Reasonable Accommodations StatementTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Answer the phones in a friendly and timely manner and take messages.
- Greet Guests when they arrive and thank them as they depart in a sincere and friendly manner.
- Provide our Guests with accurate and detailed information regarding our restaurant.
- Maintain the Host area throughout the shift and make sure it is always clean and organized.
- Monitor the flow of the restaurant including table turnover, Guest arrival, Guest departure and pace of the restaurant.
- Work with the service staff to reset tables in a quick and efficient manner.
- Clean up accidental spillage or breakage.
- Pre-set flatware.
- Clean and maintain menus, menu inserts, drink menus, etc.
- Communicate the needs of the Guests to management and service staff as needed.
- Page and seat Guests in an efficient and comfortable manner.
- Make sure our Guests are comfortable as they wait in line for tables.
- Communicate professionally and correctly on the radios at all times.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of the restrooms.
- Monitor and maintain and lobby area, including wiping down surfaces.
- Welcome and assist job applicants.
- Maintain all walkways inside and outside.
- Thank Guests for joining us as they leave and invite them to return.
- Communication – Conveys ideas and facts orally using language the audience will best understand.
- Ethics & Integrity – Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Teamwork – Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Customer Focus – Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization.
- Relationship Building – Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Interpersonal – Gets along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Listening – Understands and learns from what others say.
- Adaptability & Flexibility – Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.