Published on: 15th March 2019
Reports to: Sous Chef and Executive Chef
Responsible for the overall smooth operation of the line. Acts as spokesperson on the line. Handles different situations as they arise, and meets with Sous Chefs and/or Executive Chef on a daily basis.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- The following list is not inclusive of additional responsibilities that may be requested by the Sous Chef or Executive Chef.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Estimate expected food consumption, requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Prepare relishes and hors d’oeuvres.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Experience: Six months to one year related experience