Back of House
Published on: 30th September 2019
Job Status: Part Time
Reports to: Kitchen Supervisor & Sous Chef
Responsible for ensuring the quality and timelines of prep production. Also responsible to prep for chef’s specials and to be fully knowledgeable of company specifications.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
Essential Functions Statement(s)The following list is not inclusive of additional responsibilities that may be requested by the Kitchen Supervisor or Sous Chef
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Butcher and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking.
- Prepare relishes and hors d’oeuvres.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Dexterity – Ability to use knives and culinary machinery
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Experience: Six months to one-year related experience