Published on: 15th March 2019
Reports to: Floor Manager, AGM, Exec. Chef & GM
The Service Supervisor contributes to the success of Planet Hollywood though assisting the management team in the direction and control of restaurant operations to ensure a positive guest experience and company profitability. The Service Supervisor’s responsibility is to assist in the directing of the operation of the restaurant, help attain sales and profit objectives, and maintain the highest standards off food quality, service, cleanliness, safety and sanitation by directing and supervising staff.
Reasonable Accommodations StatementTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Ensure a high-quality operation through major areas of responsibility
- Ensure prompt, friendly service according to Planet Hollywood’s guidelines.
- Provides staff, managers and guests with a positive experience and atmosphere.
- Assist in directing overall activities and performance of staff on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Drive positive guest experience through a front door and floor presence and accurate seating and quoting of waiting times.
- Ensure positive guest experience by monitoring and ensuring appropriate Steps of Service.
- Maintain the proper atmosphere through music and lighting levels for varying business periods.
- Promote an atmosphere of positive Guest Relations. Build Guest relationships and respond to Guest complaints or concerns professionally and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the responsible service of alcohol. Monitor alcohol awareness. Establish a positive relationship with local authorities and seek their help in managing alcohol-related issues.
- Assist the management team in developing sales and marketing strategies and for implementing, advertising and promoting campaigns as assigned by the General Manager. Responsible to support and implement GM Support Center marketing initiatives.
- Maintain and inspect dining room, food receiving, preparation, production and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times. Correct unsafe practices or conditions.
- Assist in the cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arrange for repairs, contracts and other services. Maintain restaurant cleanliness and organization for both the interior and exterior of the restaurant.
- Ensure the proper approval for all food or beverage comps or promos are followed.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury or accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event a Guest or staff member is injured.
- Ensures that proper security procedures are in place to protect staff members, guests and company assets, including security of beer walk-in, liquor room and freezer. Pulls items from these areas as required through the shift.
- Assist managers with FOH staffing, ensuring that adequate staffing is maintained and that overtime is minimized. Ensures Sales forecasting and schedules reflect desired productivity and match daily labor controls.
- Ensures that proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Ensures that all meal and rest breaks are provided when required.
- Assist General Manager, AGM, Exec. Chef and Floor Managers as directed.
- Assist management team in reviewing financial information such as sales and costs. Monitor budget to ensure efficient operation and those expenditures stay within budget limitations. Take action to correct any deviations from the budget.
- Maintain and control restaurant assets. Monitor restaurants on-hand inventory for waste and theft.
- Participate in line checks to ensure product standards and specifications.
- Ensure adequate inventory levels that allow for Guest needs but do not tie up any company assets in unneeded and costly inventory.
- Complete daily paperwork and projects on a timely basis.
- Comply with cash control policies and procedures. Ensure all family members and managers comply with cash control policy and procedures.
- Assist in driving positive results for labor through proactive scheduling and reacting to business trends.
- Control operating costs by instituting awareness through the restaurant.
- Assist with inventories and understand how food and beverage costs are calculated.
- May at times be responsible for ordering food and beverage products. May be responsible for receiving and checking orders to ensure that they adhere to company specifications.
- Responsible for submitting accurate information to the GM.
Manage Staff Members
- Ensure quality recruiting and training of new staff members and managers.
- Create positive relationships with staff members and managers by treating all members with respect.
- Minimize turnover by responding to and resolving staff member and manager, with the direction of the GM.
- Support and practice an open door policy.
- Assist with programs and reward positive contributions. Recognize and promote positive performers. Coach and counsel staff members whose performance is below expectations.
- Maintain a trained staff through effective use of employment orientation, individual training sessions, staff member meetings and implementation of company training programs for family members and managers.
- Assure compliance with company policies, practices and procedures; communicate changes. Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Correctly hold an upbeat, informative, professional Pre-shift when directed.
Advocate a Team Environment
- Display, encourage and inspire high morale and motivation in the restaurant.
- Assist managers with staff meetings to plan menus and related activities, plan special events, share information or conduct supplemental training.
- When directed, communicate with other supervisors and managers using the manager’s log.
- Show daily attention, participation and sensitivity needed to establish credibility and promote unity in the team.
- Hold staff members accountable for areas of responsibility that has been assigned to you by the GM.
- Respond to staff conflicts professionally and work towards positive resolutions.
- Set a good example through attitude, involvement, and positive influence.
- Establish an environment that does not permit or promote sexual or any other kinds of harassment.
- Ensure restaurant is staffed to avoid workload and poor morale issues.
- Report staff member relation issues of a sensitive nature to the GM or Human Resources department. Work with the GM Divisional Vice President and Human Resources department for the positive outcome of such issues.
Manage Personal Development
- Provide effective leadership.
- Demonstrate organizational skills. Complete assignments and duties on time.
- Develop personal goals for professional growth.
- Maintain a pleasant, positive and professional attitude in the eyes of the staff members, management, team and Guests.
- Exhibit a neat and clean appearance consistent with a professional image.
- Execute company programs and decisions with support and commitment.
- Communication – Conveys ideas and facts orally using language the audience will best understand.
- Ethics & Integrity – Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Teamwork – Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Guest Focus – Builds and maintains guest satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization.
- Relationship Building – Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Interpersonal – Gets along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Listening – Understands and learns from what others say.
- Adaptability & Flexibility – Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Education: Two (2) year associates or a bachelor’s degree from a four (4) year college (desirable).
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years prior experience in a similar Associate Manager, Supervisor, Lead Trainer or Manager position for a full service, high volume restaurant.
- Must be validated on all FOH positions in the restaurant.
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel
- Will be required to use all sensory capabilities such as vision, hearing, tasting, smelling, touching, and speaking.