Front of House
Published on: 15th March 2019
The Video Jockey is responsible for selecting the videos to play on the screens in the restaurant.
Reasonable Accommodations StatementTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- This position requires a person with a great personality and speaking voice.
- Will be required to announce the videos being played.
- Must be able to interact with guests in an entertaining and fun way.
- May be required to give more information on the video or the artist/band.
- Must have knowledge of many music genres.
- Must have a unique style of communicating and presenting themselves before viewers.
- Must be able to mix videos and different genres of music in a fast pace environment.
- A short audition is required for employment.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) – Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Organised – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.